New to saltwater

Welcome to R2R!!! What kind of sand and power heads are you using?


I’m using live sand and I don’t have a powerhead just yet.. any u recommend ? Just the flow from the return nozzle
 
I’m using live sand and I don’t have a powerhead just yet.. any u recommend ? Just the flow from the return nozzle
If you’re keeping softies and some lps it sounds like you have enough flow with ur returns, but wouldn’t hurt to add a decent size Koralia to each side. Or you’re using really fine sand. If you’re using loc line try aiming them towards the top of the tank, that might help with the “tornado” of sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.3%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new