New to Saltwater

Wyoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I still have so much to learn as well but I suggest a bigger tank as well . I started with a 55and hated it . I would go with a 40 breeder, 75, 90, 120. Something with more room front to back and only a 4’ footprint if space is an issue. The 40 breedershould be 50 % of at Petco till 8/23 I believe

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome friend

spockwelcome.jpg

REEFer86

Loving the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm Sybil, and I've recently gotten into saltwater tanks. I've had freshwater tanks nearly all 20 years of my life, but saltwater tanks always seemed like a pie-in-the-sky dream for people who had lots of time and money to maintain. Well, maybe I wasn't so far off on the money aspect, but at least it's encouraging to see that they're easier to maintain than I realized, so I'm working on saving up to put together a nice tank.
My current plans for a tank are a 5gal cube that'll just have some little crabs and shrimp, but I'm also strongly considering a 50 or 55 gallon for a bigger variety with some fish and reefs. Someday I'd love to have something where I can keep some variety of moray eel.
Yes Go with the bigger tank! I had bought a 13 gal which I am still going to put together but as I started researching more and more I was like screw it going bigger! Haha

OP
OP
Sybil

Sybil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, everyone here as well as an employee at my local fish store has convinced me to initially set up the 50gal I got yesterday and was planning to save till later. Gonna start with just fish there and slowly get into some soft corals once I'm more comfortable in that.

Back