New to Saltwater

Wyoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I still have so much to learn as well but I suggest a bigger tank as well . I started with a 55and hated it . I would go with a 40 breeder, 75, 90, 120. Something with more room front to back and only a 4’ footprint if space is an issue. The 40 breedershould be 50 % of at Petco till 8/23 I believe

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome friend

spockwelcome.jpg

REEFer86

Loving the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm Sybil, and I've recently gotten into saltwater tanks. I've had freshwater tanks nearly all 20 years of my life, but saltwater tanks always seemed like a pie-in-the-sky dream for people who had lots of time and money to maintain. Well, maybe I wasn't so far off on the money aspect, but at least it's encouraging to see that they're easier to maintain than I realized, so I'm working on saving up to put together a nice tank.
My current plans for a tank are a 5gal cube that'll just have some little crabs and shrimp, but I'm also strongly considering a 50 or 55 gallon for a bigger variety with some fish and reefs. Someday I'd love to have something where I can keep some variety of moray eel.
Yes Go with the bigger tank! I had bought a 13 gal which I am still going to put together but as I started researching more and more I was like screw it going bigger! Haha

OP
OP
Sybil

Sybil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, everyone here as well as an employee at my local fish store has convinced me to initially set up the 50gal I got yesterday and was planning to save till later. Gonna start with just fish there and slowly get into some soft corals once I'm more comfortable in that.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back