New to saltwater

GrandpaShark

Keep Calm & Reef On
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I live in Washington state and I am brand new to saltwater coral tanks. In the past i have had numerous freshwater tanks, just never the time for a saltwater tank, well now I do. I am building a 45g reef tank, now I dont have all my components and I am on a budget, not skimping on materials just on a budget atm. For now I will have a HOB, with a aquatop xyclone skimmer. Also purchased, on great deal from ebay a 300w led viparspectra time control remote dimmable light for the tank. If I can fit a 15g sump tank in my cabinet I will switch to sump later on, or a 10g if it will work. Well i will post pics once I have it up and running. Over the past weeks I have been researching on YouTube and forums for ideas and try to avoid newbie mistakes. Hope to talk to some of you soon.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3FC2B8D2-DEB9-41CF-9160-50BDD7FFFF60.gif

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I live in Washington state and I am brand new to saltwater coral tanks. In the past i have had numerous freshwater tanks, just never the time for a saltwater tank, well now I do. I am building a 45g reef tank, now I dont have all my components and I am on a budget, not skimping on materials just on a budget atm. For now I will have a HOB, with a aquatop xyclone skimmer. Also purchased, on great deal from ebay a 300w led viparspectra time control remote dimmable light for the tank. If I can fit a 15g sump tank in my cabinet I will switch to sump later on, or a 10g if it will work. Well i will post pics once I have it up and running. Over the past weeks I have been researching on YouTube and forums for ideas and try to avoid newbie mistakes. Hope to talk to some of you soon.
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back