WELCOME!
Bom Dia Reaction GIF

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community! That’s a good size to start off at. What kinds of fish? That’ll be a determinant if you decide to add corals. And above all have fun!
5E6FABB3-D70F-49A5-9C80-47358FACAD3B.jpeg

OP
OP
memorylapse

memorylapse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Saltwater! ;) This might be jumping the gun as you're just starting out, but one thing I'll say is that if you're thinking that you might want to put corals in eventually, keep in mind that many really cool FOWLR fish and critters are NOT reef safe (Corals are snacks!), and some of the equipment needs (like lighting especially) can differ significantly. Make sure you keep that in mind when you're deciding what fish you want to keep in your new aquarium.
Thank you! This helps a lot because im not sure yet if ill add corals but it would be awesome to try one day! Thank you for the tip!

OP
OP
memorylapse

memorylapse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community! That’s a good size to start off at. What kinds of fish? That’ll be a determinant if you decide to add corals. And above all have fun!
5E6FABB3-D70F-49A5-9C80-47358FACAD3B.jpeg
I dont have too many fish on my wishlist..mainly 2 clowns, firefish, maybe pajama cardinal, a shrimp/goby pair. So far still researching!

Eric Cohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! I'm Jen! I've been reading some threads already, but thought it was time to join and hope to share my journey!

I started researching seriously a month ago, but Ive wanted a saltwater aquarium for a long time. Ever since I can remember, my family has had a freshwater aquarium. Wanted to change things up and explore the saltwater side! I would like to start with a FOWLR tank so that in the future, I can add corals if I end up wanting to go that route. I currently only have a 60 breeder tank and ordered some MarcoRocks which is on their way! I feel building the aquascape will take me a while, and will give me time to purchase the other necessities. Thanks!
Welcome to a great place to share the fun! Excited for you!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back