New to Saltwater

memorylapse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! I'm Jen! I've been reading some threads already, but thought it was time to join and hope to share my journey!

I started researching seriously a month ago, but Ive wanted a saltwater aquarium for a long time. Ever since I can remember, my family has had a freshwater aquarium. Wanted to change things up and explore the saltwater side! I would like to start with a FOWLR tank so that in the future, I can add corals if I end up wanting to go that route. I currently only have a 60 breeder tank and ordered some MarcoRocks which is on their way! I feel building the aquascape will take me a while, and will give me time to purchase the other necessities. Thanks!

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Jen!

shutterstock-269208791.jpg

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings, Jen, and welcome to the reef! Remember: it's never too early to get that build thread started. This way we can follow along on your journey and offer advice. Plus, you'll get the cool guy/gal badge. I look forward to following your progress.

Happy reefing!

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Saltwater! ;) This might be jumping the gun as you're just starting out, but one thing I'll say is that if you're thinking that you might want to put corals in eventually, keep in mind that many really cool FOWLR fish and critters are NOT reef safe (Corals are snacks!), and some of the equipment needs (like lighting especially) can differ significantly. Make sure you keep that in mind when you're deciding what fish you want to keep in your new aquarium.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back