New to the forum old to the hobby

reefersafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, finally getting back into the lifestyle after about 15 years of being out of it. Started back up a 50gallon tall. Been running for about 3-4 months, added in a few corals to get started and time to enjoy. New to the forum stuff though, always read the threads just never had the guts to joint and get talking. Cheers to everyone and hopefully build upon the knowledge tree and make some friends along the way! Hopefully get a better picture of the tank tomorrow when the lights come back on.

IMG_6594.jpeg IMG_6591.jpeg

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings and welcome to the reef! Also, welcome back to the hobby. The first bit of input that I can impart is that, long term, your tank is too small for that Powder Brown. Hopefully you'll be upgrading your tank size in the near future.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
R

reefersafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings and welcome to the reef! Also, welcome back to the hobby. The first bit of input that I can impart is that, long term, your tank is too small for that Powder Brown. Hopefully you'll be upgrading your tank size in the near future.
Indeed, this tank was just a way in for the wife to be able start enjoying the hobby and it in fact did just that, I will be upgrading to Atleast a 110 in the near future. I already have the tank she just hasn’t seen it yet :)

OP
OP
R

reefersafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
it's crazy for me to listen to people who have been in/out of the hobby for 10-15+ years and hear about how much things have changed.
It’s the truth, all of this high tech stuff that was never there before. I remember the prices but never would have imagined they would go up this much lol. I will say though the investment in to this hobby is so well worth it. Even the kids are enjoying the little slice of the reef and gets them in to something that they never would have been able to see this early on in life.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back