New to the forum

20230604_203550.gif
 
Hello and Welcome to R2R! If something ever happened and I lost all my fish, I'm not sure if I would ever keep just corals. I really enjoy the reef tank with the mixture of both fish and coral.
Well, It's tough keeping the tank really pristine for corals when you have a 4 inch clown who eats like a pig. It also meant that I couldn't keep smaller fish due to his aggression. I'm not complaining, I loved the guy, he was a great fish and I'm proud I was able to keep him for so many years. But now I am happy that I can run corals in a truly pristine environment, and really allow the micro fauna in the tank to take off. It's weird - some days the glass is covered with pods. Easier to maintain too.

This said, I may break down and get some fish but I'll go with much much smaller guys if I do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new