New to the Forum.

Andrew_3896

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
115
Reaction score
68
Location
Dundas, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am Andrew.

I am from Dundas, Ontario, Canada.

I have just got into the aquarium hobby and am starting out with a Oceanic Biocube 29g.

Almost all of my stuff used from Kijiji.

My sand is a mix of argonite and some other sand that was in the tank when I bought it. Both rinsed well.

I have about 25lb of rock that was live in the old tank but was out of the water for 2 weeks so likely all died. It was also well rinsed. I added a small piece of live rock from the LFS (Big Als).

I have a corallife Biocube protein skimmer and a corallife Biocube circulation pump.

My setup has been running for about a week and a half.

My ammonia source was from a raw shrimp.
I also used Stability - New Tank Stabilization System when started as well as for one week after.

Current numbers:
Ammonia - .25
Nitrite - 1
Nitrate - 80
Salinity - 1.026
PH - 8.2
Temp - 78.6

The temp has been up and down as the heater is a bit messed up.

Current picture attached.

I appear to have some diatoms on the piece of live rock I add as well as some in the sand.

Thanks
Andrew
IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG
 
Welcome to R2R!!! It looks like you are off to a good start!

StartingLine.gif
 
Hi, I am Andrew.

I am from Dundas, Ontario, Canada.

I have just got into the aquarium hobby and am starting out with a Oceanic Biocube 29g.

Almost all of my stuff used from Kijiji.

My sand is a mix of argonite and some other sand that was in the tank when I bought it. Both rinsed well.

I have about 25lb of rock that was live in the old tank but was out of the water for 2 weeks so likely all died. It was also well rinsed. I added a small piece of live rock from the LFS (Big Als).

I have a corallife Biocube protein skimmer and a corallife Biocube circulation pump.

My setup has been running for about a week and a half.

My ammonia source was from a raw shrimp.
I also used Stability - New Tank Stabilization System when started as well as for one week after.

Current numbers:
Ammonia - .25
Nitrite - 1
Nitrate - 80
Salinity - 1.026
PH - 8.2
Temp - 78.6

The temp has been up and down as the heater is a bit messed up.

Current picture attached.

I appear to have some diatoms on the piece of live rock I add as well as some in the sand.

Thanks
Andrew
IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

@Andrew_3896 Welcome to R2R!!!
 
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your progress with lots of pics! :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new