New to the forum

Hi, I had a successful 180 plus a 30 add on (both using same sump) and it was a great hit in my school for kids with social/ emotional disabilities. It recently got a crack in the bottom, so I have drained it and given away all my livestock. I joined the forum because I am thinking about starting a new reef here at the school. I am thinking that checking out this forum might help me decide whether or not I have the energy to take the plunge again with a new tank for my school!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

+1 vote - DO IT AGAIN!! Perhaps you might find one used or perhaps PTA might do a little fundraiser to help get it setup in your class - who knows - you might teach the next generation's Martin Moe

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new