New to the fourm

reefbuild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the hobby for a while got out of it for about 8 years and I am in the process of getting back into it as we speak. I see that the hobby has gone through some big changes and I'm looking to learn so as I set my new tank (125gal. shallow) up I get the right equipment. the plan is to raise the tank and stand up 1 foot and drill the back of the tank and plumb threw the wall into the laundry room for my refugium/sump. looking at a 90gal.for sump in laundry room. any ideas welcome. I will be putting the sump on an opposite lighting cycle from the main tank. this was said to be a good practice. I am worried about making a nitrate farm so what is the best way to avoid this. and looking to get L.E.D. lights wanting coral, clams, and anemones. 4 foot level in photos.
20171227_164747.jpg
20171227_164826.jpg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @reefbuild to R2R. I am envious of those who have remote sump rooms. Please start a Member's Tank thread and document your build....with pictures. Again, welcome.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back