Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

TalkinTangie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome! The amount of information here is extensive! If you cannot find an answer, there are numerous people here who literally take time out of their day to examine your very specific situation, and provide real time feedback. I have been thoroughly impressed by what I see from the support of fellow members!

As for advice, this is a hard hobby to not want to rush into... but if I can say one thing it would be, take your time and do your research. You will avoid costly mistakes just by doing that! Good luck!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Phil Steel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the hobby!

What sort of tank do you plan to get along with what you would want in it? Fish only, fish with coral, live VS fake rock etc?

Once people get an idea of what you want to initially do, then they can advise accordingly. As an example - if you intend to only keep fish, then lighting isn’t such a big deal which could save you quite a fair bit of money, where as if you have coral then it is essential.

In any case, enjoy the journey and have fun!

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!! My name is Matt and newish to the hobby. Getting better and still learning! Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! Glad you joined. ' Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can." - Arthur Ashe, tennis player

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Luray:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome! We’re glad you joined! You’ll find that the people here are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Hopefully you’ll start a build thread so we can see your reef as it progresses.

B0DA12DA-D9D9-47A8-83EE-05F07C3FEE00.jpeg

Back