New to the hobby.....DIY lid

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jobet
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jobet

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2018
Messages
40
Reaction score
38
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tunze 3155 ato in the DT plus its a JBJ 28 nano cube with a slight bowed front. This was my solution to ensure a secure top so that my future clowns dont take the leap of death .....
A lil acrylic work on the front to take care of the bow and a lil acrylic work on the rear side of the top to work around the ATO .....
just an idea if any other newbies have this tank ;)
I think it looks ok enough

20180604_215639.jpg
 
Looks fine. You will need to handle the gaps but if you are handy with acrylic and have a big saw and weldon. I would recommend tracing the top you want on acrylic and use a jigsaw to get the size you want. It will be a little rough but will fit exactly. Make 2 of them and sandwich the netting between with weldon
 
I think he already has the acrylic in the gaps. Top looks good to me.
 
Yep, acrylic is already there. Its completely covered.

Look closely :)
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new