f4404ef45b9dc07938b1ea3307cca6d7.gif

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,

We just had our new aquarium set up this friday. She is a Neptunian Cube M120. Caribsea Bimini Pink sand, and artificial dry rock.

We are very excited to explore this hobby and have TONS of questions. :)

Over 16 years ago we had several freshwater aquariums with a variety of African cichlids and one 75 gal that I converted from fresh to salt. Had the salt for several years with minimal success but I did a lot of things wrong based on all of the reading and videos that I have been watching while waiting on our new baby to arrive. It was a fish only tank with Fiji pink sand and some live rock. I was running 2 Ehiem canisters on it with a waterfall on the back. Literally used what I already had to try to make it work. I didn't have a lot of success keeping fish alive but from what I have learned recently the LFS I was using as my source didn't give good advise. :(

So here we are again, giving it a go. I look forward to learning to do it right this time with the help of this forum. :)
Welcome back
Welcome to R2R.JPG

AquaticReefDesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. Lucky for you this is a great community with lots of useful info and lots of great people that are willing to help. It really makes this hobby more pleasant when you can get the right info. We would be happy to help any time. Best of Luck!

www.ardocala.com

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,

We just had our new aquarium set up this friday. She is a Neptunian Cube M120. Caribsea Bimini Pink sand, and artificial dry rock.

We are very excited to explore this hobby and have TONS of questions. :)

Over 16 years ago we had several freshwater aquariums with a variety of African cichlids and one 75 gal that I converted from fresh to salt. Had the salt for several years with minimal success but I did a lot of things wrong based on all of the reading and videos that I have been watching while waiting on our new baby to arrive. It was a fish only tank with Fiji pink sand and some live rock. I was running 2 Ehiem canisters on it with a waterfall on the back. Literally used what I already had to try to make it work. I didn't have a lot of success keeping fish alive but from what I have learned recently the LFS I was using as my source didn't give good advise. :(

So here we are again, giving it a go. I look forward to learning to do it right this time with the help of this forum. :)

Welcome! Glad you joined. Houston has a VERY active local community so you have many extra options, too!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... We are very excited to explore this hobby and have TONS of questions. :)

Over 16 years ago we had several freshwater aquariums with a variety of African cichlids and one 75 gal that I converted from fresh to salt. Had the salt for several years with minimal success but I did a lot of things wrong based on all of the reading and videos that I have been watching while waiting on our new baby to arrive..... the LFS I was using as my source didn't give good advise. :(

Welcome to R2R !

You prove the axiom, "one can not keep a good guy down."

My son's interest in salt started with African Cichlids, Neolamprologus multifasciatus . They are still among his favorites. A tank of them are at college with him, and a larger tank is a home with me as nanny/proxy aquarist.

I look forward to your success in 2022,
Jim, a humble novice

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back