New to the Hobby.

  • Thread starter Thread starter hokie822
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hokie822

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
18
Location
Sugarloaf PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. new to the hobby located in Sugarloaf near Hazleton. Been visiting Something Fishy and pet zone. Ready to build and have many opinions. Also i am looking for someone to service if/when i need to.
 
thanks. I have to admit I am a bit overwhelmed with the difference in opinions as I try to learn and navigate thru this. One local place tells me to use Marco rocks while the local service tech tells me to avoid it and he wouldn’t want to service my tank if I use it. Then I have another local shop telling me good luck since I am on a well.. and I won’t be able to make my own water without problems. It’s hard to know what the proper path is especially when I need to lean on opinion as I learn.
 
thanks. I have to admit I am a bit overwhelmed with the difference in opinions as I try to learn and navigate thru this. One local place tells me to use Marco rocks while the local service tech tells me to avoid it and he wouldn’t want to service my tank if I use it. Then I have another local shop telling me good luck since I am on a well.. and I won’t be able to make my own water without problems. It’s hard to know what the proper path is especially when I need to lean on opinion as I learn.
There’s always a neigh sayer to absolutely everything in this hobby. Good thing it all comes sith salt.

Just curious which rocks you may end up or did end up using?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new