New to the Hobby

ikanspelwel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
57
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I am brand new to the hobby, I used to keep planted fresh water aquariums, but always desired a reef setup. I hadn't ventured into the marine/reef hobby because of the how difficult and expensive I heard it was.

Now that I am older, and have a little more money I have finally made the plunge. My build is about 2-2.5 years in the making now. I have been going at it slowly for a few reasons, time, money, and trying to make it easy to maintain.

I have my 110g display and 100g sump up and running and cycled for about 6 months now. I just got two clown fish and they are in quarantine. I am doing all I can to make sure they are healthy before I introduce them into my main system. I want to keep my display system free of Ich, Velvet and other pests!

Adam
 
Welcome to R2R Adam!
 
Welcome to R2R and congratulations on taking the plunge into saltwater!

PenguinDive.gif


We’re glad you’re here!
 
Welcome to R2R, Adam! That's a whole lotta sump for your system. Many would be jealous!

tenor.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new