New to the Reef

Rororeefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the ocean and always wanted salt water tanks. I started with a 40, went to a 65, now I have a 65 and a 125 and I am looking into a 250. I just love the fish and the coral!!!! In my free time I am reading everything I can get my hands on to learn about them. The first thing I learned is everyone has different opinions! The first store I went to put fluval systems on my tanks. The next store I went to that I’m getting my 250 tank from said no, that’s for fresh water, you need sumps and apex’s. So I got those!
I am glad I found this forum, I am learning a lot from you all that have been doing this for a long time! And I must say your tanks are absolutely stunning! Nice to “meet” y’all!
Hello welcome. I'm new too. Happy New Year

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
welcome58.jpg

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the ocean and always wanted salt water tanks. I started with a 40, went to a 65, now I have a 65 and a 125 and I am looking into a 250. I just love the fish and the coral!!!! In my free time I am reading everything I can get my hands on to learn about them. The first thing I learned is everyone has different opinions! The first store I went to put fluval systems on my tanks. The next store I went to that I’m getting my 250 tank from said no, that’s for fresh water, you need sumps and apex’s. So I got those!
I am glad I found this forum, I am learning a lot from you all that have been doing this for a long time! And I must say your tanks are absolutely stunning! Nice to “meet” y’all!
Welcome to R2R

Welcome to R2R.JPG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might even consider one for each tank but its yours so you can do it however you like (but you only get one badge if you do more than 1 thread for that purpose).

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back