New to this forum!

Traian

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

My original marine reef was a 55 gallon tank that I ran from 1992 to 2002. In 1996 I upgraded to a 180 gallon (while keeping the 55 running). I went through a divorce, had to sell the house, and shut down the tanks in 2002, and I've been out of the hobby for the last 18 years. A lot has changed since then, specially in the automation department.

I recently bought a new house, and finally have a long term place of my own where I can get back into reef keeping. I'm currently in the process of setting up a 420 gallon (72x42x32) peninsula reef tank. I've lurked these forums for a bit, but I figure that it was time for me to become active in here. Always willing to listen, take advice and critique.
 
Welcome to R2R
Wtr2r35.gif
 
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby! A lot has changed in reefing in the last 10 years I can only imagine the difference you see stepping back in after 18. There is tons of information stored here and people are always willing to answer any questions. Happy reefing! :-)
 
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new