New to this game

Mrsadat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I'm new to R2R and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I decided to set up a reef tank after hearing and seeing so many beautiful pictures from my coworker. I've raised fresh water fish from since I was a kid once I moved out on my own I decided that it was time for me to try a reef tank in the early 2000's. I jumped right into it without any knowledge at all and spent a lot of money. Long story short everything dies and I decided to get into cichlids. That lasted a few years, oh by the way the tank was a custom built 120 gal. with two corner over flow boxes and a wet & dry sump. The tank was easy to run and maintain, I later on sold the tank and was fully out of the hobby for good as I thought, but i stand here again in 2019 overwhelmed with how far technology is today and amazed at it all, I'm a sponge soaking up all this info and doing a lot of investigations on how I want to start off a reef tank. Last week I punched a Red Sea 250 Reefer and now I'm ready to start buying the components under the hood to setup my new tank. I would greatly appreciate any info that you guys are willing to share with me on some of the equipment you might and might not recommend me to you, looking forward to your suggestions and guidance, thank you.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
giphy (1).gif
#WelcometoR2R

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the greatest reef site on earth!
Here is what I learned recently:
  1. Fish do not like fish taco Tuesday's, think they do not care for the sour cream, clouds the tank.
  2. Acro coral are like a drug, I need a 12 step program.
  3. Traffic in Austin TX has to be worst on planet.
  4. They do not have a 12 step for coral, because my A.d.d would have kicked in at like step 3.
  5. Oh look, squirrel

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back