New to Triton, newb questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions I have regarding getting started with triton.

I currently use Kalkwasser in my ATO, I am planning on making the switch to dosing.

My end goal is the full triton method, but I would like to go with 2 part then core 7 once everything is stable and I can start sending my water in to get tested.

So my question is, which product should I start with? I know triton makes different products for different uses, but like I said im new to this and I want to make sure I take the logical steps to get to my end goal.

My sump can and will support triton, I have a terrible led on the refugium now but I have a H380 on the way to start building it a bit more. So, its going to be a slow process, and I want to make sure I take the correct steps.

If triton does not offer a 2 part solution would any of you recommend brs 2 part temporarily? Basically any information would be fantastic. Also I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I don't post terribly much

csockwell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some questions I have regarding getting started with triton.

I currently use Kalkwasser in my ATO, I am planning on making the switch to dosing.

My end goal is the full triton method, but I would like to go with 2 part then core 7 once everything is stable and I can start sending my water in to get tested.

So my question is, which product should I start with? I know triton makes different products for different uses, but like I said im new to this and I want to make sure I take the logical steps to get to my end goal.

My sump can and will support triton, I have a terrible led on the refugium now but I have a H380 on the way to start building it a bit more. So, its going to be a slow process, and I want to make sure I take the correct steps.

If triton does not offer a 2 part solution would any of you recommend brs 2 part temporarily? Basically any information would be fantastic. Also I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I don't post terribly much
No reason you cannot go ahead and start Triton. Basically you really need to check ALK, CAL and MAG and then buffer accordingly. Once you are in the correct range, begin dosing Core7 to maintain ALK at 8. Once that settles out, you can send your ICP test out to get additional recommendations. Biggest advice I would have is to just take it slow.

OP
OP
Nirethell

Nirethell

Typical Wannabe Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I do plan on taking this slow. I was able to find and order core7 I will get all of my levels to where I want them, then start the dosing. I am in no immediate rush so I am sure it will be awhile. I wanted to make sure that the switch from kalk to dosing is seamless basically. If it wasn't recommended to go straight to core7 i wasn't going to do it.

Stephen L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

HI
Im confused too, Im really not sure but like the sound too so I hope you get good feedback.
Trying to achieve an ULM system I decided to add a roller matt filter and a 50% system volume refugium. This will involve pumping from my sump to an external refugium. I have a low nutrient system just now and mainly have soft corals with a few hard corals which my water changes looked after. Just as I was about to start adding the external pump I see this Triton method so now im confused which way to go.
So my question is will I achieve the same results with a roller matt filter, skimmer and large refugium as with the triton method. I do have a oversized skimmer already. Secondly if I went for triton system would it work with an large refuguim which i pump too which means some water would bypass the pump to the skimmer directly. feeling a little confused.... I do like the look of SPS which I believe triton method will look after in the future but for now its mainly soft corals...
Any replies welcome guys if you can help please

Stephen L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No reason you cannot go ahead and start Triton. Basically you really need to check ALK, CAL and MAG and then buffer accordingly. Once you are in the correct range, begin dosing Core7 to maintain ALK at 8. Once that settles out, you can send your ICP test out to get additional recommendations. Biggest advice I would have is to just take it slow.

Hi
Can you help me with some of your experience please:

Trying to achieve an ULM system I decided to add a roller matt filter and a 50% system volume refugium. This will involve pumping from my sump to an external refugium. I have a low nutrient system just now and mainly have soft corals with a few hard corals which my water changes looked after. Just as I was about to start adding the external pump I see this Triton method so now im confused which way to go.
So my question is will I achieve the same results with a roller matt filter, skimmer and large refugium as with the triton method. I do have a oversized skimmer already. Secondly if I went for triton system would it work with an large refuguim which i pump too which means some water would bypass the pump to the skimmer directly. feeling a little confused.... I do like the look of SPS which I believe triton method will look after in the future but for now its mainly soft corals...
Any replies welcome guys if you can help please

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back