New Toy from Hanna!

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have one too. Love it.

Mine read 0.00 and don't run GFO. Have Chaeto in fuge, which grows moderately, no nuisance algae in the main tank.

I do daily water changes of 1.5G though. Total volume around 130G.

I tested a friends SPS tank and his read .28! Stuff is growing, but some of it is brown. He has a heavy bioload, too. He has a 90G tank.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there has been tons of complaints about the time cutoff of this that i will never buy it unless they change it.
(hanna instruments are you reading this?)

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there has been tons of complaints about the time cutoff of this that i will never buy it unless they change it.
(hanna instruments are you reading this?)

I too have read this and to me, it's a non-issue. I can commit 3 minutes of my time to stay by the meter to get the results. If I walk away during this time, forget about it, and miss the results...then shame on me. 3 minutes of cutoff time is enough for me and it's a good thing that they have a battery saving function on it like this.

Mr Beardsley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have read this and to me, it's a non-issue. I can commit 3 minutes of my time to stay by the meter to get the results. If I walk away during this time, forget about it, and miss the results...then shame on me. 3 minutes of cutoff time is enough for me and it's a good thing that they have a battery saving function on it like this.

If they had it save your last reading and displayed it when you first turned the device on, you could have the best of both worlds with a battery saving automatic turnoff and the convenience of being able to walk away from the unit. Everybody wins! :bigsmile:

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. But in the world of capitalism, that will be a feature of the "new and improved" model next year!

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard on testing po4 it's more accurate to test your po4 30min after the lights go out because of the various algae that is using it up with the lights on ???? Just something I've heard tested the theory and during the day I'm reading 0.00 and with all the lights off including reverse cycle refuge I read 0.03 so who knows can't wait for my alk meter then I'll be getting the iodine and iron meters as well

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard on testing po4 it's more accurate to test your po4 30min after the lights go out because of the various algae that is using it up with the lights on ???? Just something I've heard tested the theory and during the day I'm reading 0.00 and with all the lights off including reverse cycle refuge I read 0.03 so who knows can't wait for my alk meter then I'll be getting the iodine and iron meters as well

Interesting, will have to try this on my next test. I'd actually like to see a 0.01 reading so I know I'm not starving my corals.

tjw00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love this meter. 0.00 on my tank(running lots of GFO) and .03 on the output from my RODI unit. works perfectly and is fast and clean. Just bought a hundred reagent packets since the unit came with only a few.

hanna.jpg
photo-(8).jpg

OP
OP
jcom

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love this meter. 0.00 on my tank(running lots of GFO) and .03 on the output from my RODI unit. works perfectly and is fast and clean. Just bought a hundred reagent packets since the unit came with only a few.

hanna.jpg photo-(8).jpg

Where did you order the packets from?

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to hear about some higher-than-zero readings. Just to get a little feedback for us heavy feeders. ;)

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I tested my friends 90g SPS - overstocked, browned coral, heavy feeder, little to no water changes, no GFO - test came out .28.

Growth is still there, but everything is pretty rough looking.

Pizzapro83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did my first test last night. I have not ran GFO for two months. My reading was .07. I feel it is correct. I started running GFO last night also. I will retest Monday.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back