New tube anemones

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReeferBill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReeferBill

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
832
Reaction score
249
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the new additions, had the blue one for a while now, love the color contrast. Let me know what you think...
IMG_0316.jpg
 
Nice thought of keeping some in my fuge but never seen any that good of color where did you grab em from
 
I've never had any, But there's something about those things that just amaze me.!!!!
 
Very Nice! Any problem with those catching any fishes or stinging other corals?
 
Very nice, those colors are supurb! Very long tentacles on those babies.
 
Those look awesome. Do copperband butterflies eat these?
 
Beautiful tube anemones. I had a few in my 55 a long time ago, but I haven't seen them locally in years.
 
Tube nems have never bothered any fish, I did a lot of research, and they do not kill fish. They are away from any corals, so cant comment on that. I doubt that the butterflies would eat them my queen has tried to steal food from them, and got a sting that made him think twice. Not deadly or anything just like a bee sting for us, I would imagine. They never move, but you do need sand substrate to have them thrive. I dot really focus feed them either, they just catch any extra food. Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. Here is another pic of my new urchin....
IMG_0320.jpg
 
Nice nems!!! I thought I had read an article a long time ago about them packing a pretty good sting, I think it was trop. fish hobbiest so who knows how accurate that was.... Also that urchin is insane. Almost looks like he's photoshopped into the pic:)
 
My camera is on saturation mode because otherwise the flash bleaches him. that is the exact color he is in my tank. The nems have stung my queen, but never to bother her much. I have handled them and had the tentacles on my fingers a few times and never felt anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new