New Tunze products totally confused

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bugger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bugger

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
585
Reaction score
152
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does this do
 
I am not sure what you are referring to. If it is the sock on the outlet side it might be to prevent the small bubbles from getting sucked into your return pump and back into the main display tank. The video seems to metion mechanical filtration as the result.
 
Most of the larger Tunze skimmers have this mechanical filtration sock.
 
I have a Tunze 9410 skimmer that has the sock. I put a bag of GAC and GFO in it.

The skimmer, by the way, is awesome!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new