Rimless tank assembly - Which silicone?

Dr4gula.f32

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2022
Messages
311
Reaction score
166
Location
Long Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a Red Sea reefer in my town for 200 complete. Owner says it does not leak but does not recommend filling it unless totally rebuild. For 200 bucks, it might be worth it? What silocone would be used for this? Seems it would need some structural integrity since there is no frame to hold it all together@!
 
This is good to use on a rimless tank? It has enough structural integrity to hold it together AND seal water?
I've made a few rimless tanks with RTV 103. These weren't that big, under 60 gallons.
But seeing what people are saying about rimless, I would consider adding a eurobrace on anything bigger that 75-100 gallons.
 
I think the price is a bit steep for a leaker… I usually get them free, considering what a pain it can be to break a tank down!
You do have a good point.
I bet hes willing to take half of that and i bet he REALLY needing someone to remove it from his property.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new