New type of filter

The cats wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys here is a new filter I have been working on for some time which I have just acquired. Patent for and soon will have the first round distributable prototypes it takes elements of the protein skimmer and algae scrubber combining them into 1 compact unit capable of fitting in most all in one tanks with larger sizes to come there is also a bubbler (air driven bubbler) that is not depicted in the drawing comments and concerns are appreciated

Screenshot_20200107-161421_Gallery.jpg

bbgobie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, so the main air mixing chamber is lit? Any videos of a working prototype?

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys here is a new filter I have been working on for some time which I have just acquired. Patent for and soon will have the first round distributable prototypes it takes elements of the protein skimmer and algae scrubber combining them into 1 compact unit capable of fitting in most all in one tanks with larger sizes to come there is also a bubbler (air driven bubbler) that is not depicted in the drawing comments and concerns are appreciated

Screenshot_20200107-161421_Gallery.jpg
I think I get it so it will have a Venturi action so the bottom has a biological material and the end result will be like a skimmer so two in one my thinking

OP
OP
The cats wrasse

The cats wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I get it so it will have a Venturi action so the bottom has a biological material and the end result will be like a skimmer so two in one my thinking
it will have an airator hooked up to an air pump that sits on the bottom for bubbles and will drow algae in the same chamber as the skimmer making it an algae scrubber/skimmer

OP
OP
The cats wrasse

The cats wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get more of an explanation lol. I don’t quite understand it.
the filter seats up against the back of the aquarium like a traditional algae scrubber where a led is placed on the back of the glass to grow algae there will also be an airpump at the bottom that will act as a skimmer where nutriens can be exported before they breakdown by the skimmer and after they breakdown by the scrubber

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an up-flow scrubber, the bubbles drawing the water upwards through the unit, and the bubbles will also do the job of a skimmer, with the skimate collecting at the top, ? yes?

OP
OP
The cats wrasse

The cats wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an up-flow scrubber, the bubbles drawing the water upwards through the unit, and the bubbles will also do the job of a skimmer, with the skimate collecting at the top, ? yes?
Yes but the collection cup actually runs vertically along the entire backside and around the "neck" of the skimmer

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible, I would love to see this with an internal, submersible LED incorporated that lights the Algae up 360 degrees. Make it a true plug and play solution vs having to cut film off of the back of the AIO and mount a light behind the tank.

That's what turned me off from the InTank Fuge Basket....

OP
OP
The cats wrasse

The cats wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible, I would love to see this with an internal, submersible LED incorporated that lights the Algae up 360 degrees. Make it a true plug and play solution vs having to cut film off of the back of the AIO and mount a light behind the tank.

That's what turned me off from the InTank Fuge Basket....
My intention was to have the led on the outside only because my main concern was the heat from the led and the added evaporation from it however I will certainly keep in mind a completely all in one unit perhaps a submersible led in the bubbler would do the trick ...all in time thanks for the input though it's very much appreciated

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back