New Used Deltec Calcium Reactor

bearjohnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[h=2]New Used Deltec Calcium Reactor[/h]
Over the weekend I grabbed this Deltec Calcium Reactor from a friend. I'd like to get some input and ideas of setting this thing up. I've never used one and I'm not even sure what goes where. Currently I have everything but the CO2 bottle and the media is on its way from BRS.

Any help would be appreciated...

watdachuck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha I am watching this one. I have owned a beautiful calcium reactor with everything I need to get started. I am still nervous about plugging it in and getting it started...

Kalk dosing in my ATO for now along with manual Mag....

Funbags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a good alk/cal test kit... Also something to monitor the ph would be nice atleast just for the start up to make sure you don't drop your ph... Lastly do you know how a cal Rex In princable works?

OP
OP
B

bearjohnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a good alk/cal test kit... Also something to monitor the ph would be nice atleast just for the start up to make sure you don't drop your ph... Lastly do you know how a cal Rex In princable works?

I use Hanna Checkers for calcium, phosphate and alkalinity.

As far as "how they work" I'm familiar with the Co2 dissolving the media and the low PH within the reactor if that's what you are referring to?

This Deltec has the PH probe in the lid and provided I'm not missing any rubber washers and it doesn't leak, I'll be putting my Apex PH probe into it.

The main issue I'm having is that being this is a used reactor and I received it from a friend who really didn't know what or if something was missing, I'm trying to find out what I need in order to get it set up.

At this point, I have everything but the Co2 bottle and a supply pump. I don't know if the supply pump needs to be able to handle any sort of back pressure and that's what I'm trying to find out.

From looking at the way it is constructed my first thought is there is no back pressure to be concerned about.

Deltec is a pretty well known company and for some reason across three separate forums no one seems to know much too much about it.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 88 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back