NEW Waterbox 105.4 Frag Build

butcherreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am making this post to show off my new waterbox105.4 build. The tank was just delivered today, however I am moving to a new house soon so all equipment is going to sit and wait. I will be posting the journey of this tank on my instagram (Butcherreef) and on here. If you have any questions just shoot them my way and ill try to answer to the best of my knowledge. I will post pictures of all equipment and everything els below.

Tank: Waterbox 105.4 Frag
Cabinet: Waterbox 105.4 White
Sump: Waterbox 105.4 Sump
Lighting: (2) XR15 Blues
Wave Maker: (2) MP40's
Dosing/Auto waterchange: Versa 4 Pack with base station
Return Pump: S2
Protein Skimmer: Regal 150 INT
RODI: Waterbox 5 Stage
Heater: 400W Titanium Aquarium Heater w/ Helio Controller - Redundancy Bundle - Bulk Reef Supply
UV: 25 Watt Classic UV Sterilizer - Black Body

Equipment Plans: I am planning on making a controller board that consists of all mp40 controllers and return pump controller on top of a board mounted to left side of Waterbox cabinet. Under that I am putting the versa dosers, mounted to the controller board with all tubes running through pre drilled holes. Lastly, I will be having 2 custom dosing containers for all for reef and AB+ coral food. I will be putting grommets on the larger hole cuts.
(Picture of controller board below)
I am designating two of the versa dosers for automatic water changes in which I hope to do around 2 Gallons per night.

Future equipment plans:
I am possibly looking at adding either another XR15 or an XR30 will most likely wait until Black Friday sales to purchase, let me know your thoughts.
I am possibly looking at doing a CW-50 External Algae Scrubber V2, but I am not sure if it is needed let me know if you have any thoughts.

Future Fish:
I am looking for some opinions on my fish wish list, I am not an expert in fish more of a coral **** guy myself.
(1) GEM Tang
(1) Tang of different species wondering on what you all would think is a good colorful pair to go with a gem. I was thinking powder blue, Achilles, purple, or
(2) Mandarin
(1) Mystery Wrasse (who is currently growing up in my smaller tank now)
(4) Bengai Cardinal Fish
Need more fish just don't know what.

Coral:
Mixed reef for sure, I love arches so lots of arches for the rock work. I currently have, an acantho, 5 torches, clam, bunch of Blasto, acans, and hammers. I am now realizing I have to many corals to list out so that's all you are getting.

Very Excited to get this tank wet, most likely 2 months out so until them all these equipment and tank pictures will be eating me alive.
Would love to know what you all think, and like I said if you follow this thread there will be the entire process to come.

tempImageIjzK9h.png tempImage61071U.png tempImage3Cbba3.png tempImageGrjFbj.png Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 5.45.25 PM.png tempImageM9M2w2.png

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am making this post to show off my new waterbox105.4 build. The tank was just delivered today, however I am moving to a new house soon so all equipment is going to sit and wait. I will be posting the journey of this tank on my instagram (Butcherreef) and on here. If you have any questions just shoot them my way and ill try to answer to the best of my knowledge. I will post pictures of all equipment and everything els below.

Tank: Waterbox 105.4 Frag
Cabinet: Waterbox 105.4 White
Sump: Waterbox 105.4 Sump
Lighting: (2) XR15 Blues
Wave Maker: (2) MP40's
Dosing/Auto waterchange: Versa 4 Pack with base station
Return Pump: S2
Protein Skimmer: Regal 150 INT
RODI: Waterbox 5 Stage
Heater: 400W Titanium Aquarium Heater w/ Helio Controller - Redundancy Bundle - Bulk Reef Supply
UV: 25 Watt Classic UV Sterilizer - Black Body

Equipment Plans: I am planning on making a controller board that consists of all mp40 controllers and return pump controller on top of a board mounted to left side of Waterbox cabinet. Under that I am putting the versa dosers, mounted to the controller board with all tubes running through pre drilled holes. Lastly, I will be having 2 custom dosing containers for all for reef and AB+ coral food. I will be putting grommets on the larger hole cuts.
(Picture of controller board below)
I am designating two of the versa dosers for automatic water changes in which I hope to do around 2 Gallons per night.

Future equipment plans:
I am possibly looking at adding either another XR15 or an XR30 will most likely wait until Black Friday sales to purchase, let me know your thoughts.
I am possibly looking at doing a CW-50 External Algae Scrubber V2, but I am not sure if it is needed let me know if you have any thoughts.

Future Fish:
I am looking for some opinions on my fish wish list, I am not an expert in fish more of a coral **** guy myself.
(1) GEM Tang
(1) Tang of different species wondering on what you all would think is a good colorful pair to go with a gem. I was thinking powder blue, Achilles, purple, or
(2) Mandarin
(1) Mystery Wrasse (who is currently growing up in my smaller tank now)
(4) Bengai Cardinal Fish
Need more fish just don't know what.

Coral:
Mixed reef for sure, I love arches so lots of arches for the rock work. I currently have, an acantho, 5 torches, clam, bunch of Blasto, acans, and hammers. I am now realizing I have to many corals to list out so that's all you are getting.

Very Excited to get this tank wet, most likely 2 months out so until them all these equipment and tank pictures will be eating me alive.
Would love to know what you all think, and like I said if you follow this thread there will be the entire process to come.

tempImageIjzK9h.png tempImage61071U.png tempImage3Cbba3.png tempImageGrjFbj.png Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 5.45.25 PM.png tempImageM9M2w2.png
I would make this a build thread, but it is going to look amazing from what I can tell!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back