New way to ship frags

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam10045
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Adam10045

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
188
Reaction score
14
Location
Benton, AR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently discovered these pre forms that are used for making water bottles. Frag plugs placed upside down inside these little guys keep the corals from touching noting but water. Once the cap is screwed on, it holds the plug in place. In return, they SHOULD ship better and open up faster because they don't get banged around in baggies during shipping. small frags like zoas, palys, and straight acro frags should do great. Now, we just have to test them out. What do you think? :xd:
image.jpg
 
Great idea I think, will pm you my address for you/us to find out.....lol Seriously though how would you go about finding them and approx how much $


Cheers, Todd
 
For polyps they are plenty big enough. Anything encrusting or hanging over the edges, not sure about just yet. I get these from one of my customers (water bottling factory) here in Arkansas. Price idk. They sell online but you have to be sure you get them with the neck inside to hold the frags
 
I'll see if pinsfan will get us a pic with a plug inside. I sent him some today
 
Last edited:


I think they will work great for polyps. Probably work good too for single branch acros or small chalice frags and such. The only thing is there are so many different plugs out there. My favorite plug that I use (Oceans Wonders) just so happens to fit like a glove.
 
For SPS or larger frags use a plastic cup cut in half. Make a little hole in the bottom half. Insert frag plug stem and rubber band the protruding part so it can't fall out of the cup.
 
I have found a another good idea! You drill out 2" holes out of solid core stryo foam sheets place frag in it to keep frag afloat in a urine sample cup twist cover on and away it ships. That way it doesn't knock all over or sit on one side ;) Found it on Utube with tidal gardens.
 
Last edited:
Ive shiped frags by gluing the disk to the inside bottom of small plastic cups (if a plug cut a hole in bottom first to let the protrusion thru) then placing them inside of bags to keep them protected while shipping. Works great
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new