New way to ship frags

Adam10045

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently discovered these pre forms that are used for making water bottles. Frag plugs placed upside down inside these little guys keep the corals from touching noting but water. Once the cap is screwed on, it holds the plug in place. In return, they SHOULD ship better and open up faster because they don't get banged around in baggies during shipping. small frags like zoas, palys, and straight acro frags should do great. Now, we just have to test them out. What do you think? :xd:
image.jpg

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea I think, will pm you my address for you/us to find out.....lol Seriously though how would you go about finding them and approx how much $

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
Adam10045

Adam10045

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For polyps they are plenty big enough. Anything encrusting or hanging over the edges, not sure about just yet. I get these from one of my customers (water bottling factory) here in Arkansas. Price idk. They sell online but you have to be sure you get them with the neck inside to hold the frags

OP
OP
Adam10045

Adam10045

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll see if pinsfan will get us a pic with a plug inside. I sent him some today

Last edited:

pensfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think they will work great for polyps. Probably work good too for single branch acros or small chalice frags and such. The only thing is there are so many different plugs out there. My favorite plug that I use (Oceans Wonders) just so happens to fit like a glove.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For SPS or larger frags use a plastic cup cut in half. Make a little hole in the bottom half. Insert frag plug stem and rubber band the protruding part so it can't fall out of the cup.

chefb_5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found a another good idea! You drill out 2" holes out of solid core stryo foam sheets place frag in it to keep frag afloat in a urine sample cup twist cover on and away it ships. That way it doesn't knock all over or sit on one side ;) Found it on Utube with tidal gardens.

Last edited:

StrictlyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive shiped frags by gluing the disk to the inside bottom of small plastic cups (if a plug cut a hole in bottom first to let the protrusion thru) then placing them inside of bags to keep them protected while shipping. Works great

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back