New ways to contact Dr. reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I know. I’ve been tagging along in some of the threads. And I get what you do has a ton of variables. I’ve just seen some posts about ordering fish and getting different ones from what is ordered. I like how you’ll issue a refund and case closed. But I’m wondering how that mixup happens and if it’s often.
I'll be honest in the beginning happened a lot. I knew diseases but not the fish. Lately not so much. I have learned alot over last few years and if we don't have the fish we simply don't charge for it and ship the rest. If fish delivered was not correct we issued refund. If fish is doa even after a few days we issue refund or store credit no questions asked.
We have a team now that helps pack and each and every fish is inspected by me personally before going into your box.
I also watch the fish 24 to 48 hrs. It's eating well and behaving normal or else I don't ship anymore.
I rather see posts where clients complaints about a missing fish vs sick infected fish. Latter is more damaging to image.

Most mixup I have had was on yellow eye kole.
Hawaii banned the harvesting so my only source is Sri Lanka. They are spotted yellow eye kole. And sometimes they have variations that don't look anything alike so clients get upset which is well respected on their part so now I don't ship the far variation ones anymore.
We placed all 3 variations pics online and circled the ones you will be getting. So there is less confusion.
I hope that helps.

hja99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your order come in? Seems to be a lot of hit or miss reviews on here about the “process”. Looking to maybe place an order..
I read all the reviews too. I placed an order on March 4 and just received everything on Friday. It was a wait, but well worth it for me. I received pretty prompt and good communication. I had an order of 8 fish and 4 inverts. Everything was packed well and by Saturday morning everything has been out an eating. The only exception was a watchman goby that, for some reason, kept swimming up and around my power heads. He got pulled through a few times during the night I think and is pretty bruised and doesn't seem to be doing too well, but that was not Dr. Reef's fault or mistake. I also placed another order in April and am very confident that I will receive the same high quality fish that I received with this past order. I think if you understand his philosophy of not shipping fish that he doesn't believe are healthy, and that it might take a little time to get your order, I think you will be happy buying from him. That has been my experience anyway.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read all the reviews too. I placed an order on March 4 and just received everything on Friday. It was a wait, but well worth it for me. I received pretty prompt and good communication. I had an order of 8 fish and 4 inverts. Everything was packed well and by Saturday morning everything has been out an eating. The only exception was a watchman goby that, for some reason, kept swimming up and around my power heads. He got pulled through a few times during the night I think and is pretty bruised and doesn't seem to be doing too well, but that was not Dr. Reef's fault or mistake. I also placed another order in April and am very confident that I will receive the same high quality fish that I received with this past order. I think if you understand his philosophy of not shipping fish that he doesn't believe are healthy, and that it might take a little time to get your order, I think you will be happy buying from him. That has been my experience anyway.
Please pm or email our claims at [email protected] and we will issue you credit for it.

Diddypop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be honest in the beginning happened a lot. I knew diseases but not the fish. Lately not so much. I have learned alot over last few years and if we don't have the fish we simply don't charge for it and ship the rest. If fish delivered was not correct we issued refund. If fish is doa even after a few days we issue refund or store credit no questions asked.
We have a team now that helps pack and each and every fish is inspected by me personally before going into your box.
I also watch the fish 24 to 48 hrs. It's eating well and behaving normal or else I don't ship anymore.
I rather see posts where clients complaints about a missing fish vs sick infected fish. Latter is more damaging to image.

Most mixup I have had was on yellow eye kole.
Hawaii banned the harvesting so my only source is Sri Lanka. They are spotted yellow eye kole. And sometimes they have variations that don't look anything alike so clients get upset which is well respected on their part so now I don't ship the far variation ones anymore.
We placed all 3 variations pics online and circled the ones you will be getting. So there is less confusion.
I hope that helps.
This does help.

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did your order come in? Seems to be a lot of hit or miss reviews on here about the “process”. Looking to maybe place an order..
As Dr. Reef mentioned in response to your post I received my order last week minus a tang that he said wasn’t eating. I’m glad they made that call as it’s a spendy tang so I don’t mind waiting. A comet /marine beta and a yellow eye kole tang came in healthy and are doing well. A tail spot blenny was DOA. I emailed Dr. Reef with a photo as they require and he said he would send a replacement with the tang I’m waiting for.
So id say If you are looking for healthy fish and aren’t in a hurry it’s a great source. I’ve ordered from several other vendors and believe those ship without much scrutiny on specimen health. The fact that Dr. Reef holds part of an order back because a fish isn’t eating when he knows he will have to cover shipping cost for a separate shipment says to me he / they have integrity and are truly about providing healthy livestock.

hja99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please pm or email our claims at [email protected] and we will issue you credit for it.
That's very generous of you, but I couldn't in good faith accept it. The fish hasn't died yet and may still recover, and he was healthy when I received him. I can't hold you responsible for his behavior. Again, thank you and I very much appreciate the offer.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very generous of you, but I couldn't in good faith accept it. The fish hasn't died yet and may still recover, and he was healthy when I received him. I can't hold you responsible for his behavior. Again, thank you and I very much appreciate the offer.
No problem at all. I appreciate your support. If anything goes wrong with it. Let me know I will cover it.
I say this all the time, I am a hobbyist first business later. I feel the pain of losing fish and money.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed my order back in April and just received the two fish on Friday. Both fish are in fantastic shape and eating well during observation in my frag system. Hoping they stay that way for a couple weeks before moving to my main system. Would recommend to anyone who’s not in a rush to get quality livestock with very low risk of disease or fish loss/stress coming from wholesalers.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back