New Website You Must Try

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
A friend of mine here in the Toronto area created a website that I have personally found extremely useful. The website is called reefprices.com.

The website compares prices of the same coral, fish, and inverts from multiple different retailers and shows you where they are available and at what price.

You can create an account on the website, add items to your wish list and as they become available on the retailers website you will be informed of who has it and at what price.

I have found this site extremely useful for targeting pieces that I must have in my collection. The website works for people living in Canada and the US.

I encourage you all to check it out and leave a comment on what you think. I will pass on all constructive criticism and suggestions to the creator as I know he will actively improve the site.

OP
OP
Matt1997

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Over the past day he has already modified the site so you can see all the items sold by an individual retailer.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's cool! Maybe alphabetic sorting or low to high sorting, or a way to skim the pics from the site. Though that might be murky territory rights-wise.

OP
OP
Matt1997

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
It's cool! Maybe alphabetic sorting or low to high sorting, or a way to skim the pics from the site. Though that might be murky territory rights-wise.
I will pass it on. Thank you for the suggestion. He likes the idea.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great idea. Hope he keeps with it because I think if he does like someone mentioned it will become like a stockx for coral.

OP
OP
Matt1997

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
great idea. Hope he keeps with it because I think if he does like someone mentioned it will become like a stockx for coral.
Knowing how much work he has put into his other app and website I have no doubt he will continuously improve this one.

OP
OP
Matt1997

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
You can now view a list of coral and can search by coral type. The home page shows the most recently added pieces as well.

OP
OP
Matt1997

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Anyone else give the site a try? What did you think?

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like the idea. Seems like he is still working on adding more vendors? TSA, smaller vendors?

Some type of website scraping?

Would be fun if he is able to run through the r2r sale threads and do a price trend between "hobbyist".
like a "what to expect as prices from hobbyists" base on prior sale on r2r.

Overall I like where it is going.

OP
OP
Matt1997

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I like the idea. Seems like he is still working on adding more vendors? TSA, smaller vendors?

Some type of website scraping?

Would be fun if he is able to run through the r2r sale threads and do a price trend between "hobbyist".
like a "what to expect as prices from hobbyists" base on prior sale on r2r.

Overall I like where it is going.
He is adding more everyday. I don’t see private sale threads as an option though.

Deblee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine here in the Toronto area created a website that I have personally found extremely useful. The website is called reefprices.com.

The website compares prices of the same coral, fish, and inverts from multiple different retailers and shows you where they are available and at what price.

You can create an account on the website, add items to your wish list and as they become available on the retailers website you will be informed of who has it and at what price.

I have found this site extremely useful for targeting pieces that I must have in my collection. The website works for people living in Canada and the US.

I encourage you all to check it out and leave a comment on what you think. I will pass on all constructive criticism and suggestions to the creator as I know he will actively improve the site.
Could I add this comment to my facebook group? I shared the website.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back