New WiFi InkBird Temperature Controller

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Is anyone using the new InkBird WiFi Temperature controller? I use a variety of InkBird controllers on my tanks and they all work great for me, however this one is weird. There is two probes instead of one, the idea is that if the temp between the probes fluctuates too much it will send you a notification. Alright that could possibly be useful, but what probe is it using to display the temperature? Is it taking an average? Im curious because the one I received would not display a new temp unless it changed by nearly a whole degree F. I returned it and have another coming to test but Im thinking they are a flop. The wifi connectivity worked great and I loved it at first until I noticed by tank dropped 1.2F and the controller read the same temp the entire time.

Thanks!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal experience with them was poor. Would never stay in calibration and would drift even with adjusting. Drifting got so bad that i couldn't adjust the set point temp anymore. Temperature was validated using a lab grade fluke temperature unit that is calibrated/ certified. These have no "reset" setting/button to reset to factory settings.

Had to stop using them. Two tc308's bad.

I highly suggest anyone using one to double check temperature and calibrate with a trusted thermometer.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal experience with them was poor. Would never stay in calibration and would drift even with adjusting. Drifting got so bad that i couldn't adjust the set point temp anymore. Temperature was validated using a lab grade fluke temperature unit that is calibrated/ certified. These have no "reset" setting/button to reset to factory settings.

Had to stop using them. Two tc308's bad.

I highly suggest anyone using one to double check temperature and calibrate with a trusted thermometer.
Isn't that an unsealed probe???

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three others in use that haven’t drifted at all, I am using a NST certified Atkins temp to calibrate and there is no drifting. It’s just this new WiFi one is not working right,

#1Fellowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the ITC-306A with dual outlets and dual temp probes and it works flawlessly without any drifts. I ordered the 308 initially but then returned it as I saw Deven from reefdudes YouTube video and ordered the ITC-306a instead and absolutely love it.

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the ITC-306A with dual outlets and dual temp probes and it works flawlessly without any drifts. I ordered the 308 initially but then returned it as I saw Deven from reefdudes YouTube video and ordered the ITC-306a instead and absolutely love it.

Hopefully I just got a defective unit or something, thanks for the input!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three others in use that haven’t drifted at all, I am using a NST certified Atkins temp to calibrate and there is no drifting. It’s just this new WiFi one is not working right,

Was both, wifi and non wifi. In both cases it took several months of use before failure.

Reef Box

Shoulder Deep in Saltwater.......Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the outlets be set at different temps?

Jim8o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, after watching reefdudes YouTube video. It works great.

#1Fellowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the outlets be set at different temps?
You can’t control each outlets individually as both will either turn on or off at the same time. So once you have set the minimum and maximum temps it will turn on or off both the outlets together. There is another InkBird controller that gives you to turn on and off each outlet but that supports for one as heater and one as cooler outlets. Hope this helps

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back