New wrasse MIA. When to get concerned?

tchat

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2026
Messages
49
Reaction score
29
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a QT’d melanarus wrasse from dr reefs. They thankfully sent me two of them since apparently they are known to not handle shipping stress well. One didn’t make it past a few hours. The other seemed to swim around normally then went into hiding. That was on Wednesday, today is Sunday. No sightings since. I did purchase the 7 day “extended warranty” but I’m hoping that won’t be needed. Any advice? I’m hesitant to “do something” about it lest I stress the hiding fish even worse.
 
Ive had this happen a few times over the years. They hide in the very beginning and then reappear a few days later. Some Ive lost and some go on to survive. I think its the stress of being shipped
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new