New zoa

jlc5608

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall. I went to my local reef store and they gave me some free zoas. After having them for a few weeks, I noticed something else was on them. Thought it was 2 different types of zoas. Well now after having them for about a month now, it has started to pop up in other places of the tank and it’s definitely growing faster than my zoas. I’m just not sure what it is. Can someone help me ID what this green one is and if I got lucky with the extra freebies or should I just throw it away. The lights just came on so my zoas are still closed up.

IMG_7960.jpeg IMG_7962.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jlc5608

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look like majono anemones. I think they're pretty (and would love to set up a pico just for them) but most people consider them a pest.
I googled Majono anemones and that’s what it looks like. They are really nice but as a beginner in reef tanks and finally getting the hang of it, I don’t need these things to ruin my tank. I will hate it that I have to kill them but it’s something that needs to be done. Thank you very much for helping me ID this.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back