Newbe here starting up a 300L tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter anneross
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

anneross

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2015
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Location
Yorkshire,England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I've finally taken the plunge and decided to go for a bigger tank, I currently have a small 63 litre which I've had for about 5 months but ha e got so taken up with everything I want to go bigger, better but so much more to get my head around. My new tank comes on Saturday 24, it has a sump, skimmer, return pump, bio balls , two 300w heaters and two T5 39w lights , excited and scared at the same. Any advice would be welcome ive bought 200kg live rock to go with the 60 from my other tank, it's currently sat in a bit tub with a pump and a heater(was a bargin so couldn't pass it up.
Thanks in advance Anne
 
thanks, I'm trawling the Internet getting as much info as possible on setting the sump I hope it's as easy as it looks [emoji15]
 
You'll be much happier with the new tank. Two most important things about running a sump: 1. The return pump runs out of water before the tank overflows. 2. Sump doesn't overflow if return pump quits. Welcome to Reef 2 Reef.
 
Congrats and looking forward to seeing the new build!
 
Welcome to R2R !
 
*Welcome to Reef2Reef,Anne!*Best of luck with your new system!
DSCF6388_zpsb0b33bb_edit_1421119222246.jpg
 
Thankyou, quick question, I've had my tank up and running for a week with 25k live rock in it, I've just been offered 25k that has been out of water for a week is it safe to add that in?
 
:welcome: to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new