Newbie asking for Monti ID

SeViN

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Stratford
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers! This is my first ever post and excited to discuss and learn reef with y’all!

I just wanted to know what this monti is because I think I was shipped the wrong one from an online coral store. It was supposed to be a Rainbow Monti but from pictures I thought they had blue skin, not green. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

PS: In real life, the polyps look more red than orange BBDFD404-C576-4A9C-AED5-738C7A476B32.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R!
I'm not sure on the ID.
It may have to grow out some but you got a bump for more people to see.
 
Without getting a really clear image, I am going to say it’s called “Grinch”, or Reverse Sunset Montipora or Chili Pepper Montipora. Again, the pic and colors look faded to make a more concrete assumption.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new