Newbie build thread

Ryan34667

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
14
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok you guys always want build threads for members tanks so I'll put up what I got. Bought my red sea reefer 250 used. Once I had it put together I collected some more used equipment this is what I got:
Octo 150ss protein skimmer
Sicce silent 4.0 return pump
Brs 300w heater bundle with inkbird controller
Coralife uv sterilizer
Lifeguard aquatics reactor with carbon
2 jebao slw30 powerheads
Orphek atlantik v4 gen2 light

I got a combination of dry rock with a little live rock from a local shop called Reef Masters who also delivered my first batch of water and designed the manifold setup. The owner of the shop is great, he price matches and is a wealth of knowledge. So I'm just waiting for the water to clear up and come up to temp. I'm hoping to have my first few fish next week. This will be a softie and lps tank.

20211120_201551.jpg 20211120_201530.jpg 20211120_201521.jpg 20211120_102113.jpg 20211120_101022.jpg
 
Oh yes I also installed a bluetide acrilic sump kit and I eliminated the filter socks and will make that are a refugium. I got the reef breeders pico light. I'll set it up once I have some livestock.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new