Newbie Help- Are my Anemone's fighting?

elagstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friends, I could use your advice. I'm a brand new reefer, just picked up an established tank from my friend 5 days ago.

Today my big anemone has inched closer to my smaller anemone, it's just starting to move next to, almost on top of the little one. Is this normal? Do I intervene?

I uploaded a video on my dropbox... https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnpmvtdwz4n5b35/IMG_1022.MOV?dl=0

Thanks!!

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friends, I could use your advice. I'm a brand new reefer, just picked up an established tank from my friend 5 days ago.

Today my big anemone has inched closer to my smaller anemone, it's just starting to move next to, almost on top of the little one. Is this normal? Do I intervene?

I uploaded a video on my dropbox... https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnpmvtdwz4n5b35/IMG_1022.MOV?dl=0

Thanks!!
They will move as they see fit...they don't appear to be same species to my eyes, so yes chances are greater but not absolute they may exhibit some form of warfare. Intervention is also a difficult call. If you can pull one off without difficulty then you are in luck. I would not strain to do it however. If it's not dislodging don't push it or could easily rupture the foot.... I would just observe for now

OP
OP
E

elagstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, all is good. The Anemone were just moving around. Both Anemone have found a happy spot now.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back