Newbie here

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I’ve been stalking the threads for a long time now and have learned so much! My addiction started in September when I finally put together my first saltwater tank. I started with a 29 gallon and purchased some live rock from the LFS. Put that and everything else together and have had some happy little Clowns and Chromis. Now that the addiction has blossomed, I want to go bigger. The wife gave the thumbs up to a large tank in our basement where we will be spending lots of time with the kids toys being there. I look forward to posting and having some great discussions. Additionally, I will start a build thread once I make my purchase of a large tank. Thinking Red Sea Reefer xl425 or Waterbox 135.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! :D

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! Big tanks that should be a fun upgrade. the Red Sea Reefer has the prestige but the Waterbox's have made some amazing jumps and great attention to detail. I would say go waterbox for the extra volume.

Is the 29 gallon now going to be a QT tank?

EDIT: Forgot to say Welcome!!!

OP
OP
C

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, didn’t even know I had some replies! Def a newbie haha. Unfortunately, I didn’t win the Waterbox giveaway and was FORCED to use the 15% off code for the 135!! It should be here a Wednesday or Thursday and to say the least, I’m very excited. I still have some things to get done before I even begin setting it up.

As far as the 29 gallon, it’s def going to be broken down. I was debating utilizing the 29 for a QT or getting a 10gallon for QT. I don’t have many options on where to put it, so it boils down to whether or not I have the space for the 29. Looking forward to starting that build thread in the next month.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back