Newbie In the House

Staci.Pinck

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2023
Messages
18
Reaction score
39
Location
North Little Rock, AR 72120, USA
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, reefers! I'm just finally taking the plunge into reefing after over 30 years of freshwater tanks. I worked in two different aquarium stores back in the late 80s which fueled my love of the hobby, but salt tanks intimidated me for a very long time. Having been stung by a lionfish and having an allergic reaction to it while cleaning a tank also contributed to my trepidation lol. My husband has been wanting a reef tank for years, so after we moved to Arkansas last year, he finally started his (65g). I've been elbow deep with his and doing lots of coral research which led me to wanting my own tank. I just finished the initial cycle of my 40g breeder and have 2 clown fish and a GSP that I stole from his tank. I'm a big fan of zoanthids & ricordeas, but trying not to rush things and run before I can walk. I love browsing the forum and seeing other people's tanks & builds as well as their coral selections. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I'll chime in when I can with questions.

Staci
 
090D73AD-FB70-43BD-8589-F21FA00224E3.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Greetings and welcome! Sounds like, despite your limited SW experience, you bring a lot to the table. Looking forward to seeing your build progress.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!
Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new