Newbie In the House

Staci.Pinck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, reefers! I'm just finally taking the plunge into reefing after over 30 years of freshwater tanks. I worked in two different aquarium stores back in the late 80s which fueled my love of the hobby, but salt tanks intimidated me for a very long time. Having been stung by a lionfish and having an allergic reaction to it while cleaning a tank also contributed to my trepidation lol. My husband has been wanting a reef tank for years, so after we moved to Arkansas last year, he finally started his (65g). I've been elbow deep with his and doing lots of coral research which led me to wanting my own tank. I just finished the initial cycle of my 40g breeder and have 2 clown fish and a GSP that I stole from his tank. I'm a big fan of zoanthids & ricordeas, but trying not to rush things and run before I can walk. I love browsing the forum and seeing other people's tanks & builds as well as their coral selections. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I'll chime in when I can with questions.

Staci

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
090D73AD-FB70-43BD-8589-F21FA00224E3.gif

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings and welcome! Sounds like, despite your limited SW experience, you bring a lot to the table. Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back