0   0   0
reef.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, reefers! I'm just finally taking the plunge into reefing after over 30 years of freshwater tanks. I worked in two different aquarium stores back in the late 80s which fueled my love of the hobby, but salt tanks intimidated me for a very long time. Having been stung by a lionfish and having an allergic reaction to it while cleaning a tank also contributed to my trepidation lol. My husband has been wanting a reef tank for years, so after we moved to Arkansas last year, he finally started his (65g). I've been elbow deep with his and doing lots of coral research which led me to wanting my own tank. I just finished the initial cycle of my 40g breeder and have 2 clown fish and a GSP that I stole from his tank. I'm a big fan of zoanthids & ricordeas, but trying not to rush things and run before I can walk. I love browsing the forum and seeing other people's tanks & builds as well as their coral selections. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I'll chime in when I can with questions.

Staci

Hi Staci and Welcome! I'm Lisa. Glad you joined. I have benedryl (and an epi-pen), just in case... I also (finally) have blue gloves I picked up at a CVS so when I'm doing serious maintenance I have fewer hives. I have needed benedryl on more than a few occasions, but I'm figuring out what I can and can't touch... My BF keeps saying NO Foxface for similar reason to your Lionfish... so far I've resisted the urge...

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Arkansas:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Back