Newbie intro and a couple of tank set-up questions

Seffner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. They always say that patience is what makes these tanks a success, so I imagine you will need to double down on that if you plan on going the 40% off route! Good luck with that and keep us posted with the deals you find.

tho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

giphy.gif

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
just my opinion, but all in one aquariums are a great way to get started in this hobby. And like the rest of us, you will probably get bit by the bug and want something bigger and shinier soonish anyway. Why not start with this tank as is, sounds like you got a great deal, then to keep your mind busy start planning your next build. The aio will placate you for awhile and you can learn from it, and learn what you want in a tank equipment wise, setup wise, noise wise, aesthetics wise.

I started with a 12 gallon aio and upgraded to a 39 gallon aio. I was starting over career wise and was a single parent to 2 kids, so had to keep things economical and easy. Life got better and a couple years after I bought my house I started planning for my “dream build”. I took my time with it, applying what I learned from my aio’s, especially my likes and dislikes (I hate tank noise, I need a clean look, I don’t like cords or things hanging off it, light mounts/racks are ugly, I prefer open tops etc etc). And also what size of tank I could feasibly handle.

look at how I made this thread about me lol. Just saying, you’ve got some good equipment there why not roll with it the way it was meant to be used, learn from it and grow from there?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back