Newbie questions on Tunze Nanostream (6055)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

czhao1009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently obtained 2 Tunze 6055 powerheads and love their quiet operation and ability to customize, however have the following questions:

1. Can the outside magnet be submerged in water? I want to mount them on the back glass in a AIO (IM Nuvo 40), but that would mean to put the magnets in the back chamber submerged.

2. I found it a bit of a hassle when removing the powerheads to clean them. The wire and controller have to go with it... Maybe I missed something, but is there a way to only detach the powerheads and leave the magnets still attached in the tank? See #1 above, I'm afraid this would become even more of a hassle if I have to fish out the magnets from back chamber every time they are cleaned...
Edit: actually I just realized the powerheads does come off without the magnet part, but I doubt the wire can come off

Thanks!

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 Yes, both magnets are waterproof

2 You can open the controller and unplug the pump inside, personally, I clean pumps in a 1-2 gallon bucket at the tank, you just remove the pump from the magnet and disassemble the pump and let it soak in 50/50 vinegar and water for some hours, reassemble and reinstall. This generally should be done at 4-6 month intervals.

OP
OP
C

czhao1009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 Yes, both magnets are waterproof

2 You can open the controller and unplug the pump inside, personally, I clean pumps in a 1-2 gallon bucket at the tank, you just remove the pump from the magnet and disassemble the pump and let it soak in 50/50 vinegar and water for some hours, reassemble and reinstall. This generally should be done at 4-6 month intervals.
Thank you.
I'm still trying to find the best positions for them in my little 40 gallon (IM Nuvo40). But so far two of them are at back corners pointing towards the middle.

I will give your suggestion a try! Currently I've been removing the pump and taking the controller with it to clean, which is a bit of a hassle but not a deal breaker. They are so quiet I love them!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just clean them in a small bucket at the tank 1-2 gallons.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back