Tunze 9012 DC question

bshake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my comline 9012 DC skimmer and set it up to surface skim but I don’t see that it’s skimming much of anything. I have it in a 75 gallon Aqueon which has a rim. what I read Is I’m probably not having the proper water height so the skimmer is submerged too far but it would clear the rim of the tank. I can’t lower the water height because than my canister filter won’t function properly. I saw Tunze sells magnets, extender's and spacers but they’re in my opinion are ridiculously priced plus I’m not sure if they’re sold as a set 2 inner magnets and 2 outer magnets or just 1 set. If anyone knows the answer that would be fantastic or if anyone knows a workaround that’ll be even better because I can justify paying another $90 dollars for magnets when the skimmer was already expensive at $430 plus tax

IMG_1659.jpeg IMG_1662.jpeg

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bring your question in the Tunze forum. Roger (rvitko) will help you. He works for Tunze.

I used this skimmer for 2 years and mine was deeper in the water. I had 2 extra magnets so I used those and it worked fine.

OP
OP
B

bshake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bring your question in the Tunze forum. Roger (rvitko) will help you. He works for Tunze.

I used this skimmer for 2 years and mine was deeper in the water. I had 2 extra magnets so I used those and it worked fine.
Yeah I saw the magnets but I’m not sure which ones I need. is there a way to move this over to the Tunze thread?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back