Newbie with zoas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slothman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slothman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
52
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a cluster of zoas and I’ve had it for about 3-4 months. It’s been doing great and little zoa clusters sometimes fall off it giving me new things to drag which is great.

But the main reason for this post is that I placed it by a rock in the tank, and now this white skin looking stuff is growing from the zoa colony onto the rock and I can’t seperate them. I’m curious on knowing what this white stuff is and it’s purpose with the zoas

A3986ECD-6F33-43C8-A192-931C336A922F.jpeg


C1FE4725-F5DB-46EA-BB39-216E2D153F6A.jpeg
 
I bought a cluster of zoas and I’ve had it for about 3-4 months. It’s been doing great and little zoa clusters sometimes fall off it giving me new things to drag which is great.

But the main reason for this post is that I placed it by a rock in the tank, and now this white skin looking stuff is growing from the zoa colony onto the rock and I can’t seperate them. I’m curious on knowing what this white stuff is and it’s purpose with the zoas

A3986ECD-6F33-43C8-A192-931C336A922F.jpeg


C1FE4725-F5DB-46EA-BB39-216E2D153F6A.jpeg
Will post more pics when light comes on
 
There’s also a darker sponge in the colony I think but it has spiked coming out of it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new