Newbie Zoa Light Question

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I'm confused and looking for clarification and advice.

My LFS is telling me the Zoa's need low light. I received a couple from World Wide Corals and they say that they like high light. I've done some research on the web and as usual I'm getting confirmation for both answers.

I'm getting ready to glue 5 different Zoa frags, I'd like to create a garden. I don't have the luxury of doing this on a movable rock, so I can't change position easily after they get settled on the rock. I have a Red Sea Reefer 170 (34 gallon display), and a HydraHD for lighting.

Here's a picture of my tank with the rock scape in it from when I started cycling it 3 months ago.

Thanks in advance,
APC_0101.JPG

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on how bright you are running your light. I have the same exact set up and run my blue-ish spectrum over 100% and the white, red, and green now more than 27%. I have Zoa's on a rock at the bottom of the tank from @WWC and they are doing great.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back