tmercer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tmercer- Been in the hobby since the undergravel filter days of the 70's. Spent and lost a fortune, a few times. A few too many times. Settled down now to a 150cube which I do not like as well as I thought. Can't seem to get the lighting right. Or anything else for that matter. ~Frustrated ~

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fred2482

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Although I have not been in the hobby that long, I definitely feel your pain on the other items. There is an entire section on R2R discussing lighting, maybe there is something there that could help or you could post your issues to see if someone can help get that straightened out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and family !

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
Lighting is always a fun topic - I changed my lighting from the spectrum that my eyes liked best, to what "science" says is the best spectrum for corals and I saw decreased growth and overall happiness, maybe I didn't give them the right time to adjust, but why change what works. I am not sure what lighting issue you are having, but to an extent I think it's easy to get hung up on lighting when the best option may be choosing what looks good (in reason, of course) and sticking with it and seeing what results you get.

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome welcome welcome to the r2r!! And yeah I got back in just recently too. I got excited about LEDs when I was first looking to jump back in, and was going to go full setup. Then I hit r2r and read and read and read and decided to keep my decade old T5 and pair with a couple Orphek bars and I couldn't be happier. So this site definitely helps if you know where to look

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Great place to find lots of knowledge on lights... check out the @Dana Riddle articles in the Articles section of the site. Tons of community members as well to offer great advice!

giphy.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back