Newer than New and clueless

PJs_Bucket_List_Reef_75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2024
Messages
204
Reaction score
221
Location
Chatsworth
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My name is Pamela. I'm new to forums, and as the title says, VERY new to saltwater and reef aquariums. I've only had freshwater tanks, but always wanted a saltwater reef setup. Well, without going into detail and possibly upsetting anyone (keeping it family friendly), I got some news 4 years ago that has me working on my bucket list. It's time to start building my life-long dream reef aquarium! I currently have a 45 gallon empty tank, and no idea where to begin. It's going to be a gradual build and slow process, but that gives me a better chance of getting it right... right? I'm bursting with questions, and appreciate any and all help and advice I can get. Thanks for reading!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
First off. Welcome to the reef!
excited surf GIF by Outside TV

I did a load of research. Found it is best to stick with only a few sources. Everyone will have their own opinion. I have found bulk reef supply videos on YouTube helpful and found myself here when doing research and question and joined right in. Patience is everything. Good luck on your new adventure. Just ask for help and members will help point you in the right direction. I’m still new myself so not a lot of help. But you got this!
 
Welcome Pamela, glad you are here! A great watch for a beginner is BRS 52 weeks of reefing on YouTube.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new