Newly added blue tang eating bush gorgonian

Jonathan.T

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so I recently added a blue tang two days ago and this morning I found the blue tang nipping the polyps of the gorgonian till it’s bald to the core but it hasn’t gone for any other corals yet. Should I rehome him or give him some time to fatten up. I currently have clams,sps,hammers,xenia and other soft corals and a few anemones.

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so I recently added a blue tang two days ago and this morning I found the blue tang nipping the polyps of the gorgonian till it’s bald to the core but it hasn’t gone for any other corals yet. Should I rehome him or give him some time to fatten up. I currently have clams,sps,hammers,xenia and other soft corals and a few anemones.
I would rehome it unless you don’t care about the corals as much as the tang, it may go for the other corals sooner or later. Multiple people rehome nipping tangs because once they start they won’t stop.

OP
OP
Jonathan.T

Jonathan.T

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would rehome it unless you don’t care about the corals as much as the tang, it may go for the other corals sooner or later. Multiple people rehome nipping tangs because once they start they won’t stop.

I will try to rehome him as soon as possible

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to rehome him as soon as possible
I would see if they could exchange your blue tang for another. Not all blue tangs eat them, just every once in a blue moon your will have one do it. I would just get another, also good luck on catching it! :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back