Next Fish Suggestion? 40B No Sump

stepho725

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had my 40B running for almost two months now. I'm running an Eshoppes HOB PSK-100 skimmer on it, trying to make my Aquaclear 50 work as a HOB refugium also and I've got tons coralline algae starting on my rocks. I've got my two clowns, a cleaner shrimp & a handful of snails & hermits. What to add next? I've been looking at a Royal Gramma but I'm not sure what to expect with them? I do have soft coral - two leathers, a zoa and a mushroom so far and plans for more softs, LPS & perhaps an anemone in time. Oh also have tons of feather dusters and some sponges and macroalgae. I don't know if any of that matters but I figured I'd pass it along just incase.
Sooo, yeah, Royal Gramma maybe but again I'm not sure what to expect personality-wise. I'm open otherwise. These clownfish really think they own the tank and are quite comfortable with the entire tank as theirs so I am thinking I'd better start stocking it pretty soon!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had my 40B running for almost two months now. I'm running an Eshoppes HOB PSK-100 skimmer on it, trying to make my Aquaclear 50 work as a HOB refugium also and I've got tons coralline algae starting on my rocks. I've got my two clowns, a cleaner shrimp & a handful of snails & hermits. What to add next? I've been looking at a Royal Gramma but I'm not sure what to expect with them? I do have soft coral - two leathers, a zoa and a mushroom so far and plans for more softs, LPS & perhaps an anemone in time. Oh also have tons of feather dusters and some sponges and macroalgae. I don't know if any of that matters but I figured I'd pass it along just incase.
Sooo, yeah, Royal Gramma maybe but again I'm not sure what to expect personality-wise. I'm open otherwise. These clownfish really think they own the tank and are quite comfortable with the entire tank as theirs so I am thinking I'd better start stocking it pretty soon!
My clowns were real jerks at first also. Biting me every time I cleaned the tank. Was very close to becoming a predator tank for a while there.

OP
OP
S

stepho725

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns were real jerks at first also. Biting me every time I cleaned the tank. Was very close to becoming a predator tank for a while there.
They haven't tried to bite me just yet but they do follow me around like little sharkies thinking I'm going to feed them every time my shadow even hits the tank lol. Nevermind when my hands are in it! They also go around picking at all the rocks all day long and I have to admit they are very cute as they use the back powerhead as a playground of sorts but yeah they're in for a surprise when the next guy moves in!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If looking for some color damsels, gramma or 6 line are nice. Could also start adding pods now and get a mandarin as your next fish.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back